This article may contain compensated links. Learn more in our disclaimer.
There’s one very scenic hike in Antalya.
The trail is located right on the outskirts of the city. It’s very easy to follow, and is very easy to get to using public transportation. So, if you’re up for some small adventure while in Antalya, and you love scenic views, then this Antalya hiking trail is the right thing for you to check out. There are 2 other hiking trails nearby.
Continue reading to learn more about this hike.
1. Short and Scenic Hike in Antalya: Basics
It’s a gravel road all the way to the top.
The road starts from the highway, a very short walk from the Tunektepe Teleferik Tesisleri cable car station. This is also how we got to know about this road — by taking the cable car, and later checking out this road we saw from it.
TIME & DISTANCE: around 4 miles / 6.4 km in total (around 2 hours).
TIPS: the road is steep in some places, and rocks are loose, so it’s better to do it in proper hiking shoes or sandals, not flip flops. Bring some snacks and water with you, so you can stop somewhere and chill for a while. There’s a cafe very close to the starting point — at the bus stop / bus station, where you can possibly buy something.
2. How to Get to Starting Point
You can take a taxi or a bus.
A taxi from the old town costs around 70 TL.
At the same time a bus ride is around 3.5 TL. To find the right bus in Antalya, use Moovit app. At least in 2021, Google Maps isn’t showing public transportation in Antalya. Don’t forget to connect your Antalya card transport card with your HES code, if it’s still needed. You can do it online.
You need to get to the final bus stop, next to the Tünektepe Teleferik Tesisleri cable car station. The view from this bus stop is as you see in the photo above. Right behind these taxis there’s a highway. You need to cross it. Gravel road to the top of the mountain starts slightly to the right.
3. Scenic Antalya Hiking Trail, Near Cable Car Station: Our Experience
The mountains near Antalya, oh, you’ll notice them right away.
I saw them, and on the very first full day Antalya we headed out to see them up close. Turkey’s long distance hiking trail — the Lycian Way — goes from Antalya, and the starting point is literary 2 minute walk from the same bus stop mentioned above, also to the right. The only downside is that at first it goes on small roads, not trails.
The other trail I mentioned is Konayaaltı trail.
Konayaaltı trail is a part of the Lycian Way, like a small extra (as it’s a loop), and it starts on the same gravel road that we took.
This is how the Konayaaltı trail is marked.
However, to do the same hike as we did — simply follow the gravel road, the one going up the mountain. And that’s it. The road ends before the top, before the cable car’s final station, but the views are equally as impressive.
Here are a few photos from our hike in Antalya.
Have you been to Antalya? Did you go hiking in Antalya? What was your experience?
Book Your Trip Like a PRO
1. Book Your Flight. Find cheap flights using Kiwi.com, Momondo.com. Or subscribe to Dollar Flight Club, if you don’t want to be searching for the flights yourself. Momondo usually is my first choice.
2. Book Your Accommodation. Booking.com, Agoda.com and Airbnb. I use Booking and Agoda at least a dozen times a year, and Airbnb – when looking for a long-term stay. My best tip is to ALWAYS compare the price. Sometimes the same hotel is cheaper on Booking.com, other times – on Agoda. Always compare the price!
3. Buy Your Travel Insurance. World Nomads and SafetyWings are two companies I can recommend. World Nomads offers some extra benefits, that will be important for those doing some higher risk activities, while SafetyWings is significantly cheaper. SafetyWings is only $9.25 / week.
Disclaimer for Amazon Associates: MakeAdventureHappen.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.