This article may contain compensated links. Learn more in our disclaimer.
There are two popular cable car rides in Antalya.
There’s one cable car in Antalya city, on the outskirts of it. It’s cheap and very easy to get to even by public transportation. That’s the Tunektepe Teleferik Tesisleri, and that’s the one this article is about. It’s very cheap, offers scenic views of Antalya, and is one of the top things to do in Antalya.
And then there’s another option — Olympos Teleferik.
1. Tunektepe Teleferik Tesisleri Cable Car in Antalya: Basics
The cable car is modern and offers great views of Antalya.
Situated right next to the final bus stop, it’s easily reachable by public transportation from wherever you are in Antalya. It does take significantly longer than taxi, though. Check the opening hours before you go, as they have been changing recently.
PRICE: 20 TL
LOCATION: Tunektepe Teleferik Tesisleri
TIPS: plan to spend approximately 1 hour there. If you fancy, you can also have a lunch or snack at the top. In 2021, prices in the cafe were very reasonable and about the same as in the city.
2. How to Get to Tunektepe Teleferik Tesisleri
You can go there by a taxi or a bus.
A taxi from the old town costs around 70 TL.
At the same time a bus ride is around 3.5 TL. To find the right bus in Antalya, use Moovit app. At least in 2021, Google Maps isn’t showing public transportation in Antalya. Don’t forget to connect your Antalya card transport card with your HES code, if it’s still needed when you’re traveling — it takes less than 5 minutes, and you can do it online.
You need to go to the final bus stop, the one next to the Tünektepe Teleferik Tesisleri cable car station. It’s right there, next to this mountain you see in the photo above.
3. Antalya Cable Car: Our Experience
We loved it. It’s modern and the views of the city are spectacular.
And we loved the fact that this way we learned of the hiking trail right below it. It’s a very scenic hiking trail that takes you almost to the top of the mountain. You don’t get to the very top, but the views are the same as good. Save it, if you’re up for something more adventurous while in Antalya.
Here are a few photos from our cable car ride in Antalya.
Have you been to Antalya? What did you do in Antalya? Did you try any of the cable cars in Antalya?
Book Your Trip Like a PRO
1. Book Your Flight. Find cheap flights using Kiwi.com, Momondo.com. Or subscribe to Dollar Flight Club, if you don’t want to be searching for the flights yourself. Momondo usually is my first choice.
2. Book Your Accommodation. Booking.com, Agoda.com and Airbnb. I use Booking and Agoda at least a dozen times a year, and Airbnb – when looking for a long-term stay. My best tip is to ALWAYS compare the price. Sometimes the same hotel is cheaper on Booking.com, other times – on Agoda. Always compare the price!
3. Buy Your Travel Insurance. World Nomads and SafetyWings are two companies I can recommend. World Nomads offers some extra benefits, that will be important for those doing some higher risk activities, while SafetyWings is significantly cheaper. SafetyWings is only $9.25 / week.
Disclaimer for Amazon Associates: MakeAdventureHappen.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.