This article may contain compensated links. Learn more in our disclaimer.
Istanbul is known as the City on the Seven Hills.
And it does feel that way whenever you’re walking somewhere. Especially if you’re staying in the area of Taksim square. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t go on a walk which doesn’t involve walking up and down the hills, you can. Here’s one option — a beautiful and easy walk in Istanbul (without any hills).
See the route below.
1. Very Easy Walk in Istanbul: Basics
It’s for those of you want an easy walk that’s also beautiful.
It’s for those of you who’re tired of seemingly never-ending hills of Istanbul, never-ending walking up and down them.
TIME & DISTANCE: around 6.5 miles / 10.5 km (2 hours).
At the end we walked back to Taksim square, and that involved a couple of hills. You can take a taxi or bus back.
TIPS: it’s all flat, and starting from around Kabatas there’s also a bike path (at least until Besiktas). Since it’s a city center, you can take a bus, metro or taxi at any point, and go wherever you want.
2. Getting to the Starting Point
You need to get to this park, near Azapkapi Halic metro station.
You can use metro, taxi or a bus. There’s a bus stop right next to the park. Just choose what suits you the best, from wherever you’ll be coming in Istanbul.
3. Our Experience & Photos
It was our second week in Istanbul.
And we felt tired of constant walking up and down the hills. Our hotel was located in between two hills, near Taksim square. So on this one day we took a bus to a park we had seen before, and started walking. What a nice walk it turned out!
From the park you just keep walking along the coast.
Soon after Galata Bridge there’s an area with nice cafes.
The famous Istanbul Umbrella Street is right around the corner.
Then you’re be walking a bit further away from the waterfront. The colorful Rainbow stairs. Craftsmen park. Mosques. More parks. Kabatas – Besiktas part that’s nice both for walking and cycling.
In the end we even walked back to Taksim (over a couple of hills).
Here are a few more photos from our walk.
Have you been to Istanbul? If you enjoy walking, what’s your favorite place for walks in Istanbul?
Book Your Trip Like a PRO
1. Book Your Flight. Find cheap flights using Kiwi.com, Momondo.com. Or subscribe to Dollar Flight Club, if you don’t want to be searching for the flights yourself. Momondo usually is my first choice.
2. Book Your Accommodation. Booking.com, Agoda.com and Airbnb. I use Booking and Agoda at least a dozen times a year, and Airbnb – when looking for a long-term stay. My best tip is to ALWAYS compare the price. Sometimes the same hotel is cheaper on Booking.com, other times – on Agoda. Always compare the price!
3. Buy Your Travel Insurance. World Nomads and SafetyWings are two companies I can recommend. World Nomads offers some extra benefits, that will be important for those doing some higher risk activities, while SafetyWings is significantly cheaper. SafetyWings is only $9.25 / week.
Disclaimer for Amazon Associates: MakeAdventureHappen.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.